Monday, January 17, 2011

Looking Up.

I'm feeling pretty good about life at the minute.

Last week was my last night in 44 Kilgour. I had a few friends around and we drank beers and talked shit. I had a matress, a stereo, and an Esky. It was a great night. The morning wasn't so great though. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, leaving that place. I've given it everything I had for seven years; blood, sweat, tears, time, money, emotions. I was bawling my eyes out as I took the keys of my keyring and left them on the kitchen bench. Closing the front door behind me, knowing from that moment on I had no right to ever go back in to what had been mine for so long, was so hard. It was a rough day. I did get a wonderful text through the day from someone who knew I was struggling. It read;

'It won't be much consolation today but just think, you helped to create a place that is going to house joy and love and all of those crazy human things for someone and their family, who may have been longing for it just as much as you! And you did it with your own two hands! That's pretty special. I'm fairly sure 'the universe' repays something like that with your own joy and love and all of those human emotions, and somewhere special to house that too. It works in cycles :) Thinking of you! X'

That improved a horrible day. Thank you.

Aside from that bump in the road, things really are great. I'm pretty calm about my place in the world, which is a bit rare for me, particularly my place in the world as a single man; it doesn't usually sit well with me. Now that the house has settled and the money has cleared, I can look forward to buying a place to call my own. REALLY looking forward to having my own space; it's been too long.

The kids are fantastic, Lola moved into Anzac's room at daycare and has settled in beautifully, but, I knew she would.





So, happy days being me at the moment. 2011 is looking up.

With love,

2 comments:

cherbear said...

I can't begin to imagine your emotion as you left as I have never been that attached to any of our homes. It was home for you for awhile and soon you'll have a new home to till with love. Keep smiling. Luv you.

cherbear said...

I can't begin to imagine your emotion as you left as I have never been that attached to any of our homes. It was home for you for awhile and soon you'll have a new home to till with love. Keep smiling. Luv you.