Saturday, January 23, 2010

2009...

The title to my review on 2008 was "2008, not my best one". Well, results are in, and 2009 wasn't much better. And before I get responses from people like Skye pointing out the stuff I have to be grateful for, yes, I know. But there was some shit stuff, some really shit stuff in '09.

I had some struggles at work. These went from being struggles that could have been disastrous, to being opportunities to find out more about myself. I also learnt there is a dollar value on pride. I put my pride and ego on the shelf, and it saved me. I am pretty proud of how I performed at work in 2009, and it has given me a good foundation on which to move forward.

Anzac and Lola rocked my 2009. They are the best. I embraced Anzac's gentle, caring nature and have been rewarded for it. I used to worry about how 'soft' he was, but now I enjoy it. I probably enjoy it more because I see the contrast between he and Lola. Lola. What a maniac. This kid has more personality, self determination and confidence than a footy team. She really is the apple of my eye...

Speaking of which, 'holy moley, me oh my, you're the apple of my eye'... Home, by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, and Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons, were my two favourite songs of the year. While on art, my favourite book was The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. See more on my year of books at here.

I had a retarded year in regard to l-o-v-e, love. Ran into an ex (a back-in-the-day ex)at a party, courted ex, kissed ex, slept with ex, fell in love with ex... I'm tired just thinking about it. Was fucked around by ex, and probably fucked her around a bit myself. On and off for months, when it was good it was great, but when it was bad it was horrible... and it was bad way too often. After months of bullshit, of no no no no, yes from her, I gave up. Further sagas followed and then eventually, after a final mistake, a final regression, enough was enough. It was finally over. That was a few months ago, and I'm happy to say it is still over. Nothing further to say on that, on her. It's done.

I moved in with one of my oldest friends in 2009. Rebecca is an ex (okay, I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it sounds weirder to Bex and I that we were together) and it was always a bit of a risk moving in together, but I think two people thought it could work, and that was her and I. 10 months on and I'm pleased to say it has worked. It's great having someone to talk about your day to, to be a smartarse to, to eat dinner with. Bex is great with the kids and an added bonus is that Bex's mum Elaine ('Easy') has become another Nana to AJ and Lol. All in all, it was maybe the best thing to come out of 2009.

Trin and I are very good friends. For a lot of 2009 and was convinced we were never a chance of getting back together, but as I write this, I think we are some chance. It will be a long way off, and will take a lot of work, but I do think we could, if everything goes right, salvage our marriage. February 15th is our 7th anniversary.
So, watch this space. Hope the new year and new decade is good to you.

3 comments:

lkamphuis said...

Nice - sounds like not too bad a year!!

SkyeMJ said...

I hope the year and decade are good to you too! :)
glad to hear things are going so well with trin!

chez said...

Yeah, come on 2010. I loved sharing in 2009 and hope to be great mates in 2010. And when it comes to you and Trin, I say, go for it. xxx