Sunday, March 22, 2009

Launderette.

I went to the launderette the other night for the first time in my adult life.
It is on the corner of a suburban street and it glowed like a beacon in the night. A few doors down the pizza shop lights danced a tuneless dance.
It was a strange experience for no reason in particular. I felt like I was in an Australian movie. I half expected Ben Mendhelson or Toni Collette to walk in and throw dirty sheets into the machine.
I actually loved it. Maybe only someone who literally never goes there could say that, but there you go.

6 comments:

byclops said...

Ohhhh the lauderette's are like a whole nother subculture of their own!!!

Uhmm, did you go for fun or are you without a washer/dryer?!!!

chez said...

Oh my Si, I must get back and get some culture into your life. Hanging out at the laurette while I'm away. So sad. Something I haven't seen here is a laundrette. They just use the water in the river, dam, pond, ocean, where ever there is liquid. You could try the salt lakes.

peachy said...

hahaha, thats funny, i went to the laundrette once and for some reason i had my camera and they had all these paintings of underwear hanging on a clothes line so i got my partner to stand up next to it while i took photos, lol

SkyeMJ said...

:) the laundrette where i live is like the lowest of low! because i live in a very snobby suburb and if you're seen at the laundrette, it's social suicide!

Unless you're like me and think they're all wankers! :D

See you at the Good friday crop?
I expect to see ome man scrapping goin' on!

BeckBT said...

Hmmm the 'Launderette' well at least it wasn't called a 'Laundromat' sounds more sophisicated already....

Gypsy said...

"the pizza shop lights danced a tuneless dance." LOVE that line!!